Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Adrift

I'm feeling adrift lately. 

My developmental editor is taking a break from editing, so I have to find a new one or wait (I'm tempted to wait, because I like her). 

My old mentor/surrogate family from my grad school years has died, and my brain circles around about who I was back then (bipolar but not medicated -- think "getting obsessed about guys and crying a lot"). Yet, it was the richest part of my life, and I wonder how to find that again.

Days like this I feel detached from my writing. Should I continue to write? (Probably). Do I need to find a new dev editor? (Yes). What should I do about getting published? (Wait to see if I'm accepted by Pitch Wars before I take on another possibility). 

I don't sound so adrift, but my mind keeps wandering to reanalyze the past in terms of who I was and who I've become.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.