Friday, February 22, 2019

Writing Reteat this Weekend

Wish me luck -- I'm going on a writing (ok, editing) retreat at Mozingo Lake this weekend. It probably won't snow much here this weekend. That's where I need the luck.

 Mozingo Lake is the park some seven miles from us, owned by the city, with RV and cabin camping and a big fishing lake. We've secured one of the cabins for the weekend because I needed to get away to some place with a fireplace, a view out the window, and a minimum of distractions (and wi-fi, so we're not completely roughing it.) The cabins possess a rustic living room area opening to a less rustic-looking kitchen with modern appliances, with a bedroom and sleeping loft. Oh yes, and indoor plumbing.

We're supposed to get no more than 1-2 inches of snow Saturday night, and I expect that to hold. We're going to bail if the forecast changes by Saturday afternoon. The key here is "if the forecast changes", because sometimes we get more snow than was forecast. With a bit more snow, the roads at Mozingo will be an impassible winter wonderland until they plow. Here's hoping we get the whole weekend there, and here's hoping we don't get snowed in -- then again, if we bring extra food, getting snowed in could be fun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.