Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Seeking direction again

(Note: I am experimenting with larger print for a reader of mine.) 

Idea for my next book from the idea file:

Luke Dunstan, 6000-year-old Archetype, serves as a liaison between the immortal Archetypes and the humans whose cultural DNA the Archetypes hold. An edict from the Archetypes' Maker bids the Archetypes prepare to return these memories in the trust of the humans. Facing their loss of identity, the Archetypes draw battle lines; countless human lives are at stake. It is up to Luke and one young woman, Leah Inhofer, to stop the battle of Archetype against Archetype.

*******


I really need to get back into writing. Or at least editing.

I've been editing a bit, but even then I often skip out on it because it's tedious to go through a document to kill all the extra "have had has was were". I haven't written on a novel since finishing Whose Hearts are Mountains in December. I have some old ideas in my file (see above) but no new "a-ha" falling in love with the idea motivation.

Writing the blog every day, as I mentioned yesterday, is my lifeline to writing. As long as I write in my blog I'm still a writer. Right?

I'm afraid that if I keep getting rejections, my current lack of commitment puts me in an easy place to just walk away. This might be a good thing for me in the greater scheme of things, but it's not good when I think about being a writer.  

So I'm musing about what to do. Again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.