Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Writing retreat time

I'm off to Nebraska City (a two-hour car ride from here) to Lied Lodge for a couple days of writing retreat. It will be challenging -- I'm reviewing the beginning of Whose Hearts are Mountains, struck by how I could do the whole reveal of the US's collapse better. And while I'm at it, how I could improve the flashbacks at the beginning, and ...

Yes, it's a really rough draft. But there's something there worth salvaging.

For all my US friends, Happy Thanksgiving! For my readers overseas, find something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.