Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving writing retreat -- and a dilemma

I am well on my way through day 2 of my second edit of Whose Hearts are Mountains (while waiting for Thanksgiving buffet at 11) and I'm left with a dilemma.

Do I send Voyageurs to my developmental editor first, or do I send Whose Hearts are Mountains?

The arguments in favor of Voyageurs:

  • It's older than Whose Hearts are Mountains
  • It's a romance novel, and I think it could get published as such
  • It really deserves a dev edit
The arguments in favor of Whose Hearts are Mountains:
  • It's fresher and might be a better novel because of what I've learned
  • It's not romance (I think it's contemporary fantasy) and I don't become pigeon-holed as a romance writer
  • It also deserves a dev edit
  • It's part of an established series (which hasn't been published yet)
(*anguished scream*) I hate to decide!


For all of you who celebrate US Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving! For those of you who do not, my best wishes and support to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.