Monday, November 5, 2018

Day 5 NaNo -- and a big surprise

Something strange happened on the way to my NaNo count yesterday. I started becoming interested in writing on Whose Hearts are Mountains again. I don't know how it happened, but I looked at it yesterday after getting my word count yesterday, and I started writing.

NaNo is surprisingly lenient about this -- they say you have to write 50,000 words, and they count writing exercises (word sprints) toward this. I suspect I'm legal writing on two books during this time, and if not, I'll just have to shrug and say "I'd rather ride this wave of success".

I'm discovering that Whose Hearts are Mountains is going to be shorter than I'd thought at probably 75,000 words. That's 4500 words more. It's probably long enough, and it will get a little longer when I come back and add in some descriptive stuff and other editing. But I'm writing more than 20 words a day on it. Yay NaNo!

I'm still writing on Becoming Kringle, and I will probably work more on it as we approach the
In other developments, Richard is editing my problem child (now our problem child), Gaia's Hands.
The Gaia stories overlap with Apocalypse and Reclaiming the Balance, but deal more with humans. So we're co-authoring, and wondering if we should have both our names (I vote yes) or the combined pseudonym Lauren Richards (his vote yes).

So I'm re-energized for writing, and anticipate that December is going to be an editing, rather than a writing month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.