Friday, July 6, 2018

Developmental editing

In a neverending quest to learn about what I'm doing as a writer (and hopefully get published), I am sending the latest copyedited manuscript for Prodigies (this is the one I needed the Polish translation for, Marcel) to a developmental editor.

Whereas a proofreader reads for punctuation and grammatical mistakes, and a copy editor goes a little deeper into confusing and awkward sentences, a developmental editor reads for bigger pictures -- flow, characterization, troublesome developments, places you lose the reader.

I don't know how this will turn out, but I want to get to the bottom of why I'm not finding an agent, and the idea is for me to get as smooth and refined as possible.

I must be out of my depression, because I'm once again believing that maybe, just maybe I can get published someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.