Wednesday, November 18, 2020

NaNo Winner -- almost.




 I'm almost done with NaNo. 48,300 words as of this morning. 1700 words to go.

I can't believe I made it. I haven't written a novel in a year or two, choosing instead to edit the ones I already have. I'm writing a romance novel, and despite the fact that I've got a romance novel published (A shameless plug for The Kringle Conspiracy), I still feel like I don't get romance novels.

And then there's the pandemic and the election, and our current president acting like the supreme leader of a banana republic (which I suspect is unfair to banana republics everywhere), I felt stressed enough to quit a couple times. But I didn't.

But it's nearly done, and then I will edit and edit and mercilessly edit. There are things I want to add, and probably a couple places I want to condence. I think promising myself ten pages a day should help the process.

Ahh. I never thought I was going to finish this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.