Tuesday, November 17, 2020

More COVID in the Neighborhood




We're having a worsening bout of COVID here in Missouri at the same time the state has loosened its restrictions on classrooms such that the classroom doesn't have to quarantine if everyone wore masks. Kansas City has gone back to restrictions in public places, and it would be a good thing if Maryville, with its booming rates of transmission among the students, followed suit. At least we've renewed our mask ordinance till January.

Our students will be off campus for the last couple weeks of the semester and will take their finals online. I hope this reduces the contagion we've seen.

Planning for Spring semester, I will be teaching the way I did last Fall -- through in-person and online at the same time. It's hard to do this, and I don't feel as effective a teacher as I have been. This whole year has been hard. But it's been hard for everyone, and I don't mean to gripe. 

I guess I can't wait till Winter Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.