Thursday, November 19, 2020

NaNo winner!


 I did, finally, finish NaNoWriMo today with 50,600 words. Now what?

Now comes time to edit. I plan on running this book through my best editing efforts, after which I will send it to a developmental editor to make it the best romance I can send out.

The name of it, if I haven't mentioned, is Kringle in the Night, and it's a sequel to The Kringle Conspiracy, which is out right now on Kindle

Right now it's really rough. It needs a little more Santa magic, and a little more of the noir feel I wanted it to have for the sake of the title. It needs some better word choices, and the little details need to be checked for consistency, and it needs to be checked for passive verbs and redundancies and overused words and maybe even words that are too big. 

It needs a lot, but that's okay. NaNoWriMo is not about writing a polished product, it's about writing a first draft that will need more work to get to the final product. That's what December and beyond is about, and I will live with this book daily during the Christmas season editing one chapter a day.

Deep breath. It's done! For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.