Sunday, November 24, 2019

Writing for Myself

I think I've passed through the other side of my dejection about not getting published. I've received enough rejections (for novels and poems and short stories, by publishers and agents and Pitch Wars). What does that leave?

Writing and improving for myself, primarily. Not letting my self-esteem be at the mercy of publishers and agents. Of course, I would like to be published (I have a couple little things published, and it's fun).  I'd like to have a novel published. I'd like to be published somewhere that people actually read.

I'm willing to keep trying, because the rejections aren't really that painful anymore. I can take more until my writing hits the right person, whoever that is. 

Wish me luck.

********

I took off yesterday from writing the blog because I'M ON VACATION FOR A WHOLE WEEK! 

Ok, I got that out of my system. 

I'm a writer, though. I have things to do over vacation:


  • Edit one short story for a short story contest.
  • Edit a couple poems (minor edit)
  • Edit Whose Hearts are Mountains, which seriously needs a developmental editor because I don't know if I'm going in the right direction
  • Rethink this whole writing thing (which I do once a week).




No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.