Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Tha

Because our families are so far away and it's no fun to cook for two and our house is too chaotic for guests (with now four cats, as Buddy has been shunning our house for brighter prospects with his buddy the black-and-white cat), my husband and I go somewhere fun and eat turkey there.

This year, we're off for a couple days to a mini-holiday in Kansas City: Staying at a bed and breakfast on the Plaza, eating turkey at a restaurant in Waldo (all together: where's Waldo?), knocking around and watching shoppers on Black Friday. The bed and breakfast -- Southmoreland on the Plaza -- promises to be a treat, with afternoon sherry and turndown chocolates.

I started dating my now-husband on Thanksgiving break in 2005. He got acquainted to my ritual of watching Black Friday shoppers rather than shopping (much cheaper, fewer hassles). I think that's why we got married: he liked my quirk. 

So this should be a pleasant break before going back to work (I'm a professor of human services) on Monday. But there's only one week of work, then finals, then I'm off for Winter Break. That's just strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.