Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Hope and the writer

An acquaintance told me the other day that every single last one of you are bots.

It may be true -- for some reason my readership is down to ten most days. (Probably the fact that I was doing short NaNo updates, which aren't all that interesting, I guess).

I'm still writing in my blog, and I will keep writing in it for one reason: Hope. Hope is the conviction that there will be better outcomes. It's what helps us through those things we have no power over -- after I have done all the corrections, the dev edits, the query letter improvements, I hope that I will get published. If I keep publishing blog entries and advertising them on social media, I hope I will have readers.

Hope is what keeps me going in the absence of progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.