Thursday, November 21, 2019

Better get over this burnout quick.

My brain needs a rest.

I think I burned myself out doing 50 hours of editing Gaia's Hands in ten days. My brain definitely needed a break. Then I'm in the busy part of my semester, and have graded 45 final projects and 25 papers in the last two weeks. And put together my classes for next semester. 

I think maybe I'm a little burned out on everything. I tend to want to sleep a lot, even though I'm not depressed.  It's a good thing that I have a week off for Thanksgiving next week, then a week of finals, and then Christmas.

I'm not going to let the burnout last long. I need to think of a project -- maybe editing Whose Hearts are Mountains before a dev edit. Maybe editing a story or two for submission, or even writing a new story. Someone suggested I turn the short story Hands into a novel, but I think that would require a research trip to Poland, where I don't know the language nor what I'm looking for. 

I'm trying to find my direction forward, and it's harder now that I've calmed down about getting published. I should go back to my goals and see if I need to revise or add or just get cracking on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.