Friday, October 12, 2018

Becoming Kringle

I need to start planning my NaNoWriMo book -- well, as much as I plan these things. This is what I know so far:

Name: Becoming Kringle

Genre: Romance/cozy suspense

Main Characters: Brent Oberhauser, History grad student/barista. Tall, pale with black-framed glasses; shaved bald because of premature balding; tall and thin.  Looks like a young Moby.
Sunshine Walker, accountant for the philanthropic organization which hides the Secret Society of Santas. Tall, medium dark skin and braids pulled back into a neat knot at the back of her neck. Dresses neatly -- professional dress on the job; slacks and shirts off duty. Seldom wears jeans.

Basic plot: There's the A plot, which is Brent and Sunshine try to uncover blackmail against the SSS which the philanthropic organization covers. There's a developing romance between Sunshine and Brent. The B plot is that Brent gets drawn into the SSS through having to take over some of Kris Kriegel's (protagonist of The Kringle Conspiracy) duties.

Outline -- I have three chapters but there's no A plot there, just the romance. Big mistake.

So I have a lot of work to do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.