Friday, October 19, 2018

Struggling to write (Warning: rambling a bit)

Ok, folks, I'm struggling to write lately.

In the last week, I've only met my 1-hour writing goal once, for outlining my NaNo book. I wonder if I'm going to have the ideas and the fortitude to write it.

I don't think I'm depressed, just a bit listless and pretty tired. And clumsy. I'm really clumsy. I banged my nose on my car while putting my computer inside. Word for today: proprioception. As in I have none. But that doesn't have to do with my struggle to write unless I inadvertently gave myself a concussion (no evidence that I did).

I think I'm also having an identity crisis -- I am trialing two developmental editors with two different books (as I mentioned earlier, Prodigies and Voyageurs), and I'm scared that they're going to say that my queries are great, but my books are not going to sell. At least I will know if that's the case. I tend to think if things come to that, I will go back to poetry and short stories that I don't feel people have to read.

I don't feel like a writer right now. That's the problem.
I don't know how to feel like a writer. A writing retreat would be good, but there's no place locally to retreat (except a cabin at Mozingo, but they're all occupied). I have to figure out how I can boost my feeling like a writer in lieu of an acceptance.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.