Saturday, December 16, 2017

The explosion of visits yesterday -- I'm curious.

Yesterday's post hit 173 readers, which is three times the average amount of reads I get for a post!
Thank you, everyone! Please come back! 

I wish I knew who all of you were so I could thank you personally. 

I wonder how many of you are people I know and how many people came to visit for the first time. I expect that one-third of you are regular readers, and that half of those are people I know. (Hi, Lanetta!) 

That means 2/3 of you visited because you were attracted to the concept of graduation either through my Facebook (in which case you know me), Twitter, or search terms on Blogger, or because you were just bored. Or maybe you were an agent, but I only gave my blog address to one agent so far.

I have no way of knowing who you are, and as they say, curiosity killed the cat.  Each of you has a story. Each of you has a reason to visit -- whether it be "Because I'm graduating," or "Because I was bored," or "Because I'm a regular reader", or  "Because it sounded interesting," or "Because I know you,"or "I have no idea". Each individual reason has a story.  

I wonder how many of you will be back to read this post. In a way, it doesn't matter, because this IS the Internet, where we read anonymously and write anonymously, even if we're writing nasty dreck on Facebook. For all the information-sharing, we don't really know each other here. 

But what if we started to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.