Wednesday, December 27, 2017

New Years rituals. What are yours?

Do any of you have New Years' rituals (regardless of when you celebrate the new year?)

I'll share a few of mine. First of all, I do not go out and party New Years' Eve, even when I was younger and could drink more than one alcoholic beverage a year. I don't stay up till midnight these days because I turn into a pumpkin after 9 PM.  But every year, my husband and I do a silent worship-sharing in the manner of Quakers to tuck the old year in to sleep.

The next day, we eat good luck foods -- noodles for long life, pickled herring, black beans and greens (I love Hoppin' John!), things like that. I think Richard is attempting Japchae, a Korean dish, this year.

I also have a ritual in which I do a little work on everything I want to accomplish this year.  So, a little blogging, a little query-writing, a little work, a little play, a little walk, a little writing, a little prepping my seedling room for the winter seed-starting season, a lot of petting cats ...

This is a little short today because I'm prepping for classes, which can be nerve-wracking, especially since I need to tweak some classroom material.  This means you can respond with your own New Years rituals!

I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I am an introvert to the core so I honestly prefer to be at home or with a few meaning 2-3 friends at the most. I suppose it is typical that in stages of yourlife you have friends who are like you. All of k
    Of our friends also have kids who are similar ages as our kids. I don't know why it seems to work out that way but it does. So if I am not at home John and I will celebrate with a few friends who also have kids.
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.