Sunday, December 24, 2017

First Snow -- postscript

We received four inches of snow here in Maryville, Missouri to give us a white Christmas. Because it didn't fall until after 10 PM, we could not celebrate First Snow last night, and so we celebrated it this afternoon with a big festive bowl of snow in the living room and a small mug of mighty Irish coffee to share.

It was Richard's first First Snow, and as he's the first one I've initiated into the mysteries of First Snow in over 20 years, it was fun to hear his toasts. His toasts addressed very concrete realities of our political and social environment, which is not surprising, given his Master's degree in History. My toasts addressed more creative/mystical/connectedness themes (those of you who have ever known me, your ears should be burning!) 

While Richard poured the last sip of the Irish coffee out into the snow, I followed him out with a snowball in my hands and pelted him with it. I guess we have a new part to the tradition :)

********
Merry Christmas, Joyous Yule, Happy Hanukkah (late, right?), Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Birthday to all you Christmas babies. Can you say "Happy Festivus", or is that a contradiction of terms? Happy Holidays to all. 

As always, I invite you to write back. If you want to do so by Twitter, I'm lleachie on Twitter. I'm also lleachie on Instagram. 

Let there be peace on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.