Monday, January 28, 2019

I'm Not Feeling It

My writing life lately has been meh.

Current projects: finish re-re-re edit of Apocalypse (halfway done) so it can be dev edited. Add a couple thousand words to the dev edited Voyageurs so I can send it out for queries. Wait to see if any agents nibble on Prodigies (not good so far with rejections in the double digits). Flesh out idea for possible new novel, but I'm not feeling it.

That's pretty much the problem today -- I'm not feeling it. Whatever it is.

I have a Tarot deck, but it reads in terms of themes and affirmations rather than predictions. I don't trust predictions, because it's easy to insert wishful thinking and get disappointed. I read by shuffling the cards repeatedly and reading what falls out of the deck. My cards today: Hanged man (It's not time yet; surrender your expectations) and Page of Earth (undeniable evidence that hard work will pay off). Which seems ... contradictory.

Meh.

I suppose it could be the winter. It's hard to get inspired when everything outside appears the same uniform shade of grey, and going outside means braving the cold (Wednesday's windchills are predicted to be -40F/-40C) The earth is hibernating and so, it seems, is my brain.

So I'm looking for inspiration because I'm not feeling it. Anything you can send me for inspiration (honestly, I mean it -- you can comment on posts!) would be appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.