Monday, February 12, 2018

An Old Song

This song was written a long time ago about a friend with whom I had a shy, almost mystical friendship with. In real life, I wouldn't go out with him because there was always a long line of irrational women in front of him, and he had briefly dated all of them. (He was a guitarist). But in my dreams, and occasionally in life, we had great conversations ...


1) 
Turn the corner
to a street beyond a map,
walk much further
till our feet forget the path.
We have walked here
but only in our dreams,
Then we wake up,
Never knowing what it means

2) 
Turn the handle,
slide back the creaking door
while I wonder 
if you've been here before.
Weathered iron
is rusting in its sleep
As we settle
in the silence that we keep.

(CHORUS 2x)
In the morning,
if the snow has turned to gold,
does it matter
to the secrets that we hold 

1), then CHORUS 3-4x and fade

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.