Monday, February 19, 2018

PS: Oh, No, I've Said Too Much

Sometimes, I post something of the "honest, raw, and vulnerable" variety (such as the last note) and I later wonder, "Should I have not said that?"
  • Should I have not admitted that I'm old?
  • Should I have not admitted that I have bipolar 2?
  • Should I have not admitted crushes, or magical thinking about crushes?
  • Should I have not have put in yesterday's very political post?
  • Should I have not expressed my feelings about being rejected by agents?
  • Should I have not talked about the times I've been depressed, etcetera?
And every time I ask myself those questions, I come up with the same answers: I have to be who I am. Who I am is fanciful, open, articulate. Maybe I'm doing a lot of navel-gazing, but I don't know how to not be me. I do me, and I hope it gives someone something else to think about. I hope it helps someone else fall in love with my world. I hope it helps someone else fall in love with my writing.


Postscript: Apparently I have said too much for one person. I'm sorry about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.