Saturday, August 15, 2020

With people, there's always hope

 

 

I just got to the Board Game Cafe, and already I've advised an incoming freshman and their mom about some of the features of Maryville. Life is starting to feel back to normal with just that little thing.

We're practicing social distancing here, and mask wearing (there's an ordinance in Maryville). 

 There are two girls (probably high schoolers) playing a complex game at one table, and occasional people looking for coffee. 

As for me, I'm writing this blog, and afterward, I'm going to transcribe some of my pen and paper notes and see if I've gotten any further with Gaia's Hands. 

 Maybe there is hope, even though I feel like I have to scream through my mask to be heard, and I don't know if I'll get sick, and I don't know if this pandemic will ever end. But there are still people, and with people there's always hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.