Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Needing a little push

 

 

 I'm rethinking my relationship with being a writer.

Is getting published worth it? I'm contemplating not doing #PitMad (a Twitter manuscript pitching contest) on the 3rd of September. It's hardly anything to set up, but I'm so tired of no nibbles. I'm just tired of trying.

This may be part of a general depressive trend. There's so much pressing down on me, most of it having to do with going back to work under COVID. There's nothing I can do except wear that mask, sanitize surfaces, and pray.

This is not the way I want to be. I want to be productive. I want to accomplish something. I want to get published, if only I could figure out how to do that. 

What I can do is just keep doing -- keep writing, keep trying to publish, meet with my classes whether in person or online, and have as good a semester as I can manage. Because if I don't do things, they certainly won't happen. 

I just need a push to get me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.