Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Odds and Ends today



 First off, my newly published story "Come to Realize" can be found here. Honestly, I didn't know the story would be considered humor! 

Second, I just got back from ten minutes (that's all I can do right now) walking the track. I have runner's high and I didn't even run! (I think it's called hypoxia). 

The big thing, though, is that I'm still working on getting more racial/ethnic equality in my writing. I've completed two stories; I'm down to one story, Prodigies. I feel a bit uneasy making these corrections, afraid they're going to be considered clunky (although they're just like the ones that describe Black skin color). I decided that my discomfort was part of the problem -- the subconscious ruling that white people are the "default". I have one book left to do, and the irony level is that the book was written by the viewpoint of a multiracial narrator, and still assumes whites as default.

Anything I can do to make the world richer, I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.