Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A Convalescing Chloe


 

 

 Sorry I'm running late today, but I had to take Chloe to the vet for what ended up being an infected cat bite on her foot. Despite our efforts to keep the other cats quarantined from little Chloe, Me-Me keeps barging in, and occasionally they get in a scrap.

Chloe is sitting next to me today -- no, she's not sitting. She's making an immense effort to stand, which isn't happening because she's wobbly from the sedation she's gone through to get her abscess drained. 

So right now (blesssedly I have a work-at-home day) I am supervising the wobbly little monster. She isn't feeling much like being petted; she's laying on the bed next to me trying to escape ... somewhere. I'm not sure she knows where, because I don't think she can see straight yet. She sort of stands up, wobbles, and falls over. She's scared of me but doesn't mind curling up next to me. I feel so bad for her!

There are worse things than trying to get your work done next to a wobbly cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.