Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sorry for the absence -- the kitten has been monopolizing my time.

I'm sorry I haven't been here the past couple of days. I've been absolutely smitten with Chloe the kitten. It's been about 9 years since we've had a kitten in the house, and the other three cats are middle-aged to senior citizens (ages 9-13).

Chloe is a bundle of fearless zoom-zoom energy, with baby claws and teeth and a tendency to play with all of them out. She's a little purrbucket. She is an angelic con artist. In other words, she is a kitten. 

As you can see, she is a kitten. 

I've had to do a lot of babysitting with Chloe. She's been living in my room, as have I, keeping herself busy and in trouble while I've been keeping her out of trouble. She's met the other cats and they already hiss at each other, and I have to keep her out of fights where she's sorely mismatched.

I'm also getting class stuff done, because my classes are going to be seriously flipped. Each class will be split into three parts, and only 1/3 will be going to class at any given time. So more work is online, and the in-class sessions will be hands on.

I need to start writing again! I think it's been a week and a half since I've written. I'm rethinking my relationship to writing after writing my manifesto, and so far I have not been making time for it. I think it's time to write a short story rather then rewriting the novel until further notice.

Have a nice relaxing Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.