Wednesday, July 29, 2020

#SFFpit



Today is #SFFpit, which is a Twitter pitch session for writers of science fiction and fantasy. The idea is one writes a tweet-length pitch for one's novel and sends it out into the Twitterverse to see if it catches an agent's eye. If it does, they will ask for a manuscript.

I have done several pitch contests (#Pitmad as well as #SFFpit), and I have never had much luck. But hope springs eternal, as they say, whoever they are. I load up TweetDeck, an automated tweeting app,  with 20 pitches (10 for each book I want attention paid to) and wait.

I don't expect to get any traction from this, because I haven't before. I
may get moody later today, because nobody likes rejection. I will get over it, because hope springs eternal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.