Thursday, July 16, 2020

Our New Kitten!



This is Chloe, the new member of our household, adopted from our local Humane Society. She's an 8-week-old tortoiseshell who has revealed a quirky personality thus far. She makes a variety of noises including squeaks and purr-chirps. She's in oral fixation mode, which means she chews on fingers and toes (and her teeth are SHARP!) 

She is currently living in my room because I want to introduce her to the other cats slowly and keep the other cats from eating her kitten food. The other cats have been a little hissy at her, but they're hissy at each other, so no surprise there. 

Her belly is one big orange striped patch, unusual for a tortoiseshell. She doesn't mind having her belly rubbed, but she hates being picked up. 

I'm looking forward to watching her grow up. I'm also looking forward to her not biting my fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.