Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 25 Lenten Meditation: Craft



(Note to readers: I am struggling with intermittent panic attacks over the whole COVID-19 situation. I will, however, give you my best.)
**********

A craft is not a hobby. A craft, instead, represents a set of skills, tools as it were, used to create. We can create with words, with music, with wood or clay, with yarn or fabric. But the key is creation.

A craft requires a human capital investment in one's creative and maker skills. This takes time and money. Practice, classes, mentoring -- all of these are how the crafter hones their skills. This is why those in the crafts get frustrated when someone offers "exposure" for a handcrafted sweater or a sketch. 


A craft brings beauty to the world, as it is an expression of the primal creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.