Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 28 Lenten Meditation : Fire

It's difficult to reflect right now, as I am scared of what's happening in the United States. But I want to keep my daily rituals as a method of surviving this mentally.
*********

Fire consumes. It destroys -- houses, forests, lives. 

Fire warms and feeds. When we capture and contain fire, it becomes a lifesaving force in our houses.

Fire soothes, as we watch it dance in a fireplace.

Fire inflames -- we use it as a metaphor for passion.

Fire reflects human complexity in its many, many aspects, which might explain why we're so fascinated with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.