Friday, March 6, 2020

Day 10 Lenten Meditation: Imagination



Imagination is perhaps my greatest gift.

Imagination saved my life in a bleak childhood, when I spaced out in school imagining the dialogue of two princes plotting to kill each other, created story lines where I alternatively saved and was saved by classmates, and envisioned elaborate backgrounds to the music I listened to on my AM radio. 

The times when I have had nothing else -- times of illness in a behavioral health ward, lonely times in my depressive episodes, times of failure -- I have had the ability to create images in my head, create words in my heart. To see what was not immediately there.

Imagination is perhaps the world's greatest gift. We live in a world of strife, so we imagine peace. We live in a world of climate change, so we imagine solutions. Then we change the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.