Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Waiting for the Train


I’m sitting in a railway station (with apologies to Simon and Garfunkel). The station in Osceola, IA, still retains the character of a previous era, with golden wood wainscoting and trim, steam radiators, and a worn, black-and-white tiled floor. It’s a great place to begin a journey, actually. More on train travel later, when I have hours to kill at the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago's Union Station. 

I sit here wondering what I should write next, or if I should go back to editing Gaia’s Hands. There’s not too much impetus to edit it with a backlog of books I’d like to see published (three are strong contenders at the moment, although Whose Hearts are Mountains really needs a dev edit.

I just got done with Hands, the short story with Grzegorz – my husband has termed it “a really warped coming of age story”, and he’s right. I hope to post it on this page for you to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.