Thursday, August 29, 2019

A Little More on Short Stories

So the new short story, Runesansu, is finished at 4100 words. It feels strange writing short stories, because they're not all-encompassing for months like novels are. I don't get that intense immersion into characters. 

And, the thing that bothers me, I don't get dev edits. It's not worth the money to go through a dev edit for 4100 words, but it would be nice to get that developmental eye that can tell whether you've slowed down in the middle or gone off the rails. I mean, could these stories be better? I don't know.

All in a day -- it's Thursday, and I'm sleepy. I'm going to post the new story today or tomorrow. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.