Tuesday, August 7, 2018

I sit in the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago's Union Station waiting for my train, which should depart in about three hours. I've already been here for three hours, so it's a long wait. I've drunk two lattes and three shots of espresso, and my teeth are beginning to hum. But there's wi-fi, so I can indulge myself in some blogging.

It's cold in here, and it's raining outside. The Metropolitan Lounge is reserved for people in business class and those sleeping in sleeper cars (like we will be). It's quiet with comfortable chairs with outlets nearby and a shower in the bathrooms -- although I don't know who actually showers in a train station shower.

I'm trying to coax some latte out of the machine and hope it warms me up. My teeth will be humming so much I'll be picking up radio signals soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.