Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Hope Springs Eternal or, Sisyphus Was an Optimist

Hope springs eternal.

I sent a query off to DAW Books, one of those other Big 5 publisher imprints that don't require an agent. If my history with Prodigies is any indication, I should hear nothing from them in 6-8 weeks (they don't send rejections if I understand correctly) and be done with it.

Why do I do it, even though my chances of being chosen for publication are small?

Because if I don't do it, I'll never know.

Because I'm the sort of person who tries, even if I fail.

Because I like to make things happen.

Because I'm an eternal optimist.

Because I think my writing deserves to be read.

Because I don't want to be the one that gave up too soon on a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.