Saturday, March 23, 2019

Day 18 Reflection: Focus

I'm beating my head against the keyboard facing this topic, wondering how I can write about this without stating the obvious: We need focus to fulfill our goals. 

We have valorized focus, declaring it a quality that leads to greatness. However, too many things disrupt focus: background noise, mental distractions and worries, a cheesecake staring one in the face, too much challenge in the task, even the amount of sleep one has gotten the night before. 

It is not always possible to be focused. It's often the case that people are too scattered, or too worried, or too overwhelmed to focus. It's time to ask for help, take a break, get a good night's sleep, put away the cheesecake, and try again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.