Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Forty days of reflection

As a Quaker (i.e. member of the Religious Society of Friends, an unorganized religion) I do not give things up for Lent as I did when I was a child in the Roman Catholic Church. I miss the concept of sacrifice, however, at the same time I feel like giving up something doesn't lend itself to spiritual growth.

A friend of mine is Unitarian Universalist, and she posted a Lenten devotion of reflections upon words that hook into people's spirituality. The devotion suggested pictures of each day's word to reflect on, as shown below:



For the forty days of Lent, I will use these words as the jumping point for my blogs. I will do the day 1 reflection later tonight -- the word, it turns out, is dedication. I think I can speak to this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.