Friday, May 25, 2018

What am I going to do with Voyageurs after the beta-reader revision?

Probably go through the cycle of submitting again. If I don't get an agent, I can at least say I tried. And if I get rejected, I know I gave them the best product I could.

Now for finding beta readers for Mythos, the first book in the Barn Swallows' Dance cycle (Duology plus one related book)... anyone want to volunteer? Please let me know at lleachie.

********
But for now, I'm going on vacation! It starts with a seven-hour drive to the hinterlands of Wisconsin, where I will stay in a cheap hotel with my husband so that we can spend the last night in a spendy boutique hotel. I will fish, eat bratwurst and brick cheese (think limburger without the stink and strong flavor, although I like limburger too) and visit my dad, and collect more stories. My sister and possibly her husband and possibly my niece will be there, and dad will cook a crockpot dinner and mix drinks for us and all his friends. My father is very introverted, maybe even shy, but he finds his human contact through sharing. And he is an incredible cook, even now.

I hope this recharges my batteries toward writing. My computer will be going with me, so expect some missives from the road.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.