Saturday, April 27, 2019

Hard Work

Got a rejection for a short story yesterday. I'm not too upset; I think I shoehorned my entry into the theme and it didn't quite fit. I only have one thing out there now, and that's Prodigies with a major press. The likelihood of this being accepted is very low, I'll admit, but it will still hurt a lot if I get rejected.

What from there? Try to shop out the dev-edited version of Voyageurs, which is short at 70,000 words but we'll see. Work on the rewrite of Apocalypse (which will take a few months at best guess) and send it back to my dev editor.  See what tweaks might help Prodigies' saleability and shop it back out. Send Whose Hearts are Mountains to dev edit. See if I can salvage Gaia's Hands in case Apocalypse gets sold and it needs a prequel. Write something else, maybe finish Gods' Seeds.

It's hard work, and so far has been fruitless. But if I'm going to be published, I want it to be my best, and my expectations have been raised by beta-readers and dev editors and my own revelations about where my stories could go. 

Someday, I hope,my hard work will bear fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.