Sunday, April 21, 2019

Day 47 Reflection: Rejoice

I don't feel too much like rejoicing today. I overindulged in Easter candy. I didn't sleep well last night and now I feel hung over. 

But it's a beautiful day, the perfect day for Easter. I will go outside today and set up some of my raised beds, for Spring is here and I do not need to wait any more.

I will eat breakfast, and go out, and clean my yard, and look at growing things. I will remember the lines from a poem by ee cummings:

I who was dead am alive again today, 
and today is the sun's birthday
 -- ee cummings, "I thank you God"

It is part of the human condition to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.