Sunday, April 7, 2019

Day 33 Reflection: Justice

A country without social justice is not great.

A country can possess great wealth, or great power, yet it is not great if it neglects its most vulnerable citizens.

A country that subjects its citizens to unequal treatment under the law has imprisoned itself.

A country that cannot reach its hand to feed the poor has starved itself. 

A country that cannot remove obstacles for access by the disabled has crippled itself. 

A country whose immigration policy is based on color and race has exiled itself. 

To make America great again, we must commit to social justice, because we the people are as burdened as the least of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.