Saturday, December 29, 2018

Thoughts and Prayers


I know that most of you in the United States are people I already know. My overseas readers, for the most part, seem to be regulars, but I don't know you (or don't think I know you). I am addressing all of you.

I need your thoughts and prayers.

Not in the sense of "I need to say something of comfort so I can go back to what I was doing," as is too often the case when handling preventable tragedies in the US.

But I believe in thoughts and prayers if they occur in the sense of "I hope the best for this person." I believe this has an effect -- not necessarily to bring out a desired outcome, but to provide hope, clarity, courage, patience in the person who needs these things.

I need these things, because I'm struggling with writing. You might have noticed that I haven't been able to write daily, and that's because I don't know if I'm going to continue writing. I have no idea if I'm ever going to be published, and I'm not sure it's worth the time and money it takes to improve and make a story reading-ready.

But I don't know if I'm not going to continue writing, either.

So, if you have a spare moment and the intent to help, send thoughts and prayers my way. You don't even have to tell me you did. But I need to find clarity to move forward in whatever direction opens to me. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.