Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Even when not writing, I write...

I'm on the road, visiting my father in Wisconsin, and I haven't taken out my computer since I set out on this trip. This is not to say that I haven't been writing. 

Writing happens all the time. I listen to the news and wonder what implications the EC' s step away from Trump will have on Europe -- Poland, Germany, Russia. 

While I sit and the coffeehouse in Watertown, three bespectacled teens set up easels with art projects against the wall of the coffeehouse, debating whether to take the protective plastic with the glowering clouds. A sliver of sun peeks out, further muddling the questions.  Two plump yoga moms walk in for a coffee date. One carries her daughter, who wears hot pink rubber boots with her rompers.  

Some people take photographs; I tell stories like my dad and his family and my mom and her family. I listen to my dad's stories and realize that they will show up in a future story.

The stories -- all stories -- are important. May I learn yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.