Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Guest Blog from Marcie

(Note: this blog entry will be written by Marcie, my imaginary alter-ego. Marcie sees things differently than I do, and for good reason ...)

Hi! My name is Marcie, and I'm seven years old. Aunt Laurie gave me permission to write her blog today, and I have so  much to say! Right now, we're at a coffeehouse -- it serves coffee, which is blech, and it's a house. Aunt Laurie says most coffeehouses aren't in houses. Then, why call them coffeehouses? Luckily she got me a hot chocolate because I hate coffee.

We just got out of summer camp. I didn't go with the adults who ran around in all different colored vests and looked like they needed to poop more. I got to hang out with Aunt Laurie. She made me look really gross with wax and fake blood, and she told me this was for a game that would teach the people in vests  how to behave in plane crashes. I got to pretend I was hurt so that the people in the vests carried me back to lay on a cot. A person in an orange vest walked by and told me I died. It didn't hurt to die, but I was still alive, so I guess I wasn't really dead.

We're in a place called New York, and it has these huge mountains all over the place. Aunt Laurie says they're not mountains, they're hills. I think she's wrong, because we have hills in Missouri and these are much bigger. I mean they're taller than houses -- lots taller. The hills back home aren't as pretty as the ones here.

I haven't seen Bambi yet. Or a raccoon. I'm disappointed, as Aunt Laurie would say. But not often, because Aunt Laurie's happy most of the time. She's a lot like me, except she trips sometimes over nothing.  Aunt Laurie says she's had too much coffee because her teeth are buzzing. I think that sounds kinda fun, even though coffee tastes like blech.

Tonight we're going on a long train ride. We have to sleep on the train in a tiny room with bunk beds. There's not enough room to play unless I sit in my bunk. We rode on the train on the way out and I bounced off the walls when I walked to the dining car.

I have to go now. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fun and lightness Marcie brings. She reminds me a little of my son. He has adhd and is full of boundless energy.
    This is Lanetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie is really fun to be. I did teach a section of Resource Management as Marcie for Halloween! I think I was a lot like Marcie when I was a child -- highly talkative and bouncing off the walls (But NO, I don't have ADHD!)

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.