Sunday, August 6, 2017

A bonus -- This Unseen Bird

This unseen bird (I think)
leaves me gifts every morning --
a feather heartachingly red,
a pristine moth coccoon.
Or I imagine things --
I've never seen the bird,
he may not even be red,
he never speaks to me.

I prefer to believe
this unseen bird
leaves me gifts every morning.

********

This is a rough draft and subject to change, as always. My goal was to write a poem using more everyday language. I read a lot of ee cummings when I was younger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.