Friday, August 25, 2017

A Short Poem

This, as always, may get revised. I like how it started being about one thing and ended up about something else:

Ephemera

I do not see pictures in my head,
Or not as you do – this old slide
Of yellowed Kodachrome slides past my mind
I see hair or expression, never both.

I stare at you when you are here with me,
I memorize your patterns: swinging hair,
Glasses, a squint, a laugh, a lumbering walk,
All of those together equal you.

I fear to lose you in a crowd;
Too many people almost look like you
I live on faith that you’ll come back to me

1 comment:

  1. I like it. The longing and the very real fear of loosing someone you love.
    This is Lanetta.

    ReplyDelete

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.