Saturday, June 10, 2017

AAAAAAAAGH! Writer's Block!

In the last couple days, I have written six lines of my story. Normally, I write up to 2000 words/day, as when I participate in NaNoWriMo  (http://nanowimo.com) or Camp Nano (campnanowrimo.org). I've only not won NaNoWriMo once (50,000 words) and that's when Trump had just gotten elected. (I didn't have the heart to write.)

I'm not sure why I struggle to write right now. The current book (working title: The Ones who Toppled the World) isn't much more difficult than most of what I've written. I have a relatively good outline to plantz from. I have more time to write than I do during the school year.

This leaves me with several possibilities:
  1. I need a kick to the imagination. 
  2. I need a vacation from writing 😕
  3. I'm letting my discouragement get to me.
  4. I find the current story more challenging than I'm letting on.
  5. I'm writing in my blog too much 😜
  6. I need a more atmospheric place to write than my couch.
  7. I need a soundtrack to write with.
  8. I haven't fallen in love with my characters yet. These characters -- the sardonic Grace and the analytical Ichirou; the calm and prepared Ayana and her partner, the chameleonic Greg -- I've barely scratched their surfaces. Maybe I need to have a chat with them to get to know them better?
  9. I'm not seeing myself as a writer lately.
Ok, I have ideas to play with now. Let's chat sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.