Sunday, April 30, 2017

Wish Me Luck

After editing my many-times-edited first novel, I have submitted it to a digital imprint of a respectable American publishing house (for those curious, HarperLegend). I'm a little reluctant to do digital-only, but they do handle some of the marketing and sometimes bump someone up for paperback.



One of my difficulties in getting published, I think, is that I write a different sort of fantasy than people expect (at least I hope that's it and not that I can't write.)

Are there gods/goddesses/mythical creatures? Check.

Are there talents and abilities not found among the human population? Check.

Are there epic battles? Yes. But the good guys are pacifists and trying not to kill anyone. HUH????

What's the main conflict of Reclaiming the Balance? Civil rights for half-human beings with superior strength. (And falling in love with an intersexed half-human being is the B plot)

Any epic gods? Well, Lilith (remember her?) forgot her identity for many years and became a psychology professor. Oh, yeah, the Garden of Eden was staged for legend's sake.

And Lilith ran off with Adam. (OMG, that Adam?) Yes and he's an incorrigible flirt.

You get the picture. Wish me luck -- and drop me a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.