Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Melancholy Pt: 2 -- a poem about Limerance


Limerance

There’s a push to ask you for your name,
And a pull ‘cause I have no right to know,
As I stand in the corner of the venue
With nothing in my mind except the color of your eyes.

There’s a push to sift through every word
And a pull to flee from disappointment
Still I remember and I polish all your words
And call myself the author of the author of their shine.

There’s a push from my husband and he’s laughing,
And a pull from my husband ‘cause he’s scared
And I’m standing on one foot while juggling cats
And I don’t want what I want,
And I don’t want what I want.


NOTE: No husbands were harmed in the writing of this poem. Said husband says he's merely bemused, not scared. 

NOTE2: This may not be the finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.